Two Suspected Of Uploading Sex Videos Arrested

Indonesian police have arrested 2 people suspected to be the first uploaders of the 3 sex videos featuring Ariel, Luna Maya and Cut Tari onto cyberspace.  Meanwhile Nazril Irham aka Ariel (the vocalist from the pop band Peterpan, which was quickly renamed Peterporn in cyberspace) and current girlfriend Luna Maya have turned up at National Police headquarters for questioning and physical examination. And Muslim-majority Indonesia, which bore the brunt of negative media coverage over this sex video scandal, is fighting back with President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono throwing his support on policing of the internet.  President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono said that Indonesia must not stand “naked” before modern IT frenzy.

2 Suspects Arrested

National Police spokesman Insp. Gen. Edward Aritonang  disclosed that 2 suspects were in police custody on suspicion of being the first uploaders of the 3 sex videos allegedly featuring Ariel, Luna Maya and Cut Tari. They were arrested in Bandung. Police also said that contrary to earlier report that the sex videos were first uploaded via cellphones on June 3 and 4, the actual date of first uploading into cyberspace was May 22 this year. Asked if the 2 suspects were the real first uploaders, Insp. Gen. Edward Aritonang said:  “It could not be like that. What if they uploaded these videos from your cellphone after they stole it?”  This implies that the cellphones of the 2 suspects were used to do the uploading, but they could plead that their cellphones were stolen prior to that, and that the thieves did the uploading using their lost cellphones.  Asked how the suspects were found, Insp. Gen. Edward Aritonang said they were traced  “based on a scientific criminal investigation.”

Police have also said that they hope to announce soon whether Ariel, Luna Maya and Cut Tari are suspects in this sex video scandal.

6 Witnesses Found

 Brig. Gen. Saud Usman Nasution, the director of transnational crime disclosed that 6 people have been detained for questioning as witnesses.  Brig. Gen. Saud Usman Nasution said: “The six people have not been arrested. They are being questioned until we find out who was the first person to upload the videos.  We are assisted by six experts and we are applying scientific methods.”

Luna Maya And Ariel At National Police Headquarters

Luna Maya finally appeared at the National Police Headquarters this Friday morning for questioning.  Luna Maya was accompanied by lawyer OC Kaligis.  Boyfriend Ariel arrived at National Police Headquarters later in the same morning. Press reports said that police will physically examine the celebrity couple in an attempt to match distinguishing body features with those of the people that appear in the film clips. Police expects to call a press conference soon.

Cut Tari turned up earlier in the week for questioning.

Roy Suryo Says Luna Maya Lied

National Police deputy spokesman  Brig. Gen. Zainuri Lubis confirmed that self-proclaimed IT expert Roy Suryo had submitted his report to police.  Brig. Gen. Zainuri Lubis said: “The document was given by Roy Suryo on Wednesday.”

Meanwhile there has been some controvery concerning Roy Suryo.  Afrian Bondjou, a member of Ariel and Luna Maya’s legal team said that Roy Suryo had sent a text message to Luna Maya on June 6 offering to help her “settle” the case.  For that, Roy Suryo allegedly wanted Luna Maya to write a testimony to denounce the video as a fake. 

Roy Suryo did not deny that he did send a text message to Luna Maya, but he claimed that he was replying to Luna Maya’s text.  Roy Suryo said:  “She texted me on June 5, not June 6, and asked for help. I was in the Netherlands at the time.”  Asked if he had asked Luna Maya to write a testimony, Roy Suryo said “It’s not true.” Explaining further, Roy Suryo said: “I had not seen the video when she sent me SMS. I told her to wait. After I arrived back in Indonesia, I received a phone call from an official at the National Police’s Criminal Division to help analyze the video. After I saw the video, I knew Luna had lied to me by saying the tape was fabricated. I thought she was being honest with me.”

Enter  President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono

Indonesia’s President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono has finally broken his silence on this sex scandal saga involving celebrities Ariel, Luna Maya and Cut Tari.  President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono said: “I support the steps taken by the National Police Chief. They have investigated who duplicated the videos and distributed them. Whoever did it, the law must be upheld. I will keep supporting it.”

Referring to the announcement by Communications and Information Technology Minister Tifatul Sembiring that a ministerial regulation blocking “negative content” on the internet is to be issued later this year, President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono said: “We have increasingly realized that our nation should not stay naked and be crushed by the information technology frenzy, because there will be many victims.Other countries have already have regulations on this. The incident has made us think about the best thing that should be done. Negative impacts on our society should be avoided.”

Earlier Minister Tifatul Sembiring has said: “Pornography on the Internet is unrestricted, incredibly unrestricted. Is this what we want?”

Think About It

Indonesia is fighting back on the negative image following a series of Youtube sex videos.  President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono said that negative impacts on society should be avoided.  And Minister Tifatul Sembiring’s answer is to filter the internet to prevent undesireable pornographic stuff from getting into Indonesia.  If there is one thing that this sex video scandal involving celebrities Ariel, Luna Maya and Cut Tari has done, it is to galvanise public support for the policing of the internet – something which was fiercely opposed previously.  Police are now closing in on the people who did the uploading of the sex videos.  Arrests have been made, witnesses detained.  But the big question remains.  Are Ariel, Luna Maya and Cut Tari involved?  Police said they will announce soon if these 3 celebrities are suspects in this case. 

Previous posts

Sex Videos Of Ariel, Luna Maya And Cut Tari – Police To Name And Arrest Suspects
Minister To Ariel And Luna Maya – Make A Firm Statement On Sex Videos
Ariel Says Sex Videos of Him, Luna Maya And Cut Tari Not Big News
Sex Video – Police Says It’s Really Ariel, Luna Maya And Cut Tari And Not Look-Alikes
Ariel – Did He Do It With Luna Maya, Cut Tari And Others?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


7 × 1 =

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

WP-SpamFree by Pole Position Marketing

Thank you for coming here to post a comment. Please note the following Comment Policy: We reserve the right to edit or delete comments, including deleting or editing comment signatures, link exchange requests, URLs, foreign languages and/or anything deemed spam, inflammatory, offensive, political, x-rated, irrelevant to the post(s), too lengthy and/or unsuitable for this blog to be associated with. We appreciate genuine, relevant comments. Thank you for your understanding, thanks for visiting and have a nice day!

Post Navigation